Run away and join the Circus, Saturday May 9th at Khalsa Montessori! Four hours of performance and participation for the young and young at heart. All proceeds to benefit this year’s Procession of Little Angels, the children’s event held on the Saturday before All Souls Procession annually.
• Tucson Circus Arts Youth will show off their prowess with displays to amaze! TCA instructors will be on hand as well to help your kiddos learn a thing or two, so step right up!
• Capoeira Mandinga will demonstrate their Brazillian fusion of acrobatics, dance, music and martial artistry for you!
• Glenn Weyant, that wizard of the stranger sonic arts, will present his exotic sounds to take us away into other realms, and let you make some for yourself!
• Stories That Soar shall delight us with performances penned by youth around our city. What stories will they share for Spring Circus? We shall find out….
• and a drum and dance party to close out the evening, with Quiahuitl Emiliano “Alfie” Villegas of samba troupe Sol Axé…..and YOU! Join Alfie on many types of percussion instruments and he will teach you how to play for our closing drum parade and dance extravaganza!
• Paper flower-making and face-painting too!
Planet of the Crepes food truck will be on hand for fantastic meals and wonderful treats. Purchase your dinner from them, or feel free to bring a picnic!
Admission is $6 for adults, $4 for kids and youth 17 years and under. Cash and cards will be accepted at the door, and all donations to the cause most welcome. Invite your friends, folks! Come one, come all! And support the Procession of Little Angels!
Overflow parking for Spring Circus available directly across from Khalsa at the Jewish Community Center.
Many, many thanks to our friends at Khalsa Montessori School for hosting us once again!