Submissions for Ancestors 2023 is now OPEN
The Ancestors Project is one of the most inclusive Projects of the All Souls Procession. Participants from all over the world submit photographs of those they wish to honor in a digital memorial that is projected in large scale at the All Souls Mausoleum, Finale Ceremony and shared internationally via Live Stream.
Please include a note in the Message field–names of the people in the photo, years that they lived, a story about them, who they are to you, etc.
Anyone can participate in this project, whether virtually or in person. The images collected every year become part of the Ancestors Archive, a never-ending memorial and legacy of the Procession and its radical inclusivity. You may send submissions anytime throughout the year for All Souls! Thank you for participating.
Certain images submitted to the Ancestors Project may be color-corrected and cropped. In no way will images be distorted, cut-up, or edited as to misrepresent, and/or change the likeness of the main subject in the photo. Many Mouths One Stomach, organizers of the All Souls Procession, agrees to treat all submitted images with the utmost care and respect. Past years’ images are placed in the Ancestors Archive.
By submitting images to the Ancestors Project you acknowledge that the above information is understood and give MMOS permission to use the images for publicity purposes.
- Image Quality: We accept most pictures ranging in quality, but prefer “hi-resolution” or “hi-definition” images if possible. Submissions from Social Media (Facebook, Instagram) are accepted, but keep in mind these are not the best quality and any alternates should be used when submitting. As a rule of thumb, if your image is several hundred Kilobytes (kb) or around 1 MB or more, the image is a high enough quality.
- No Photo Montages: Submissions that have multiple images in one or were created by apps that create a spread of more than one portrait will not be accepted.
- No Text: Please, submit only images of the person. Images with eulogies, names, or overlaid text will not be accepted.
- Multiple Submissions: You are welcome to submit multiple times for different people, but please submit only one photo for each person you want to remember. Space is limited in the Ancestors slideshow, so we can only include one photo of each person being remembered. If multiple images of one subject are submitted, we will choose the best one.
- Past Deadline Date: Any images received after 11/02/23 will be used for the next year’s Ancestors Project.